The Elviten project
ELVITEN (Electrified L-category Vehicles Integrated into Transport and Electricity Networks) is a project devised to incentivize the use of light electric vehicles with the aim of demonstrating how the EL-V can be used in urban areas and be integrated into the existing transport networks of six European cities (Bari, Berlin, Genoa, Malaga, Rome and Trikala).
The ELVITEN Project supports shared electric mobility to make transport more innovative for a greener and cleaner urban future.
WHAT IS AN EL-V?
An EL-V is a light electric vehicle that can have two, three or four wheels. These vehicles can be bicycles, scooters, tricycles or quadricycles and are ideal for urban transport. ELVITEN incentivizes the use of EL-V for urban travelers through easy access tools for the public.
Using the EL-V, users will need less time to travel from one place to another in the small cities and for parking in the big cities
Discover the benefits expected for the ELVITEN project
- Promotion of electric vehicles for citizens and local companies;
- Increase in the use of light electric vehicles replacing traditional combustion vehicles;
- Greater awareness of the benefits of electric mobility;
- Enhancement of leading a greener life in the sustainable mobility sector;
- Reduction in congestion and pollution;
- Definition of business models for services correlated to light electric vehicles.
Discover the ELVITEN solutions created for Genoa
With a fleet of over 140,000 non-electric scooters, Genoa has one of the highest L-V ratios per inhabitant in Europe.
The ELVITEN project in Genoa aims to:
- Create a network of electric charging stations for EL-Vs integrated into a local, national and European charging circuit;
- Create 4 “Charging Islands” for charging EL-Vs, e-bikes and electric goods vehicles;
- Supply free use of EL-Vs (opportunity for use for last-mile logistics);
- Create free stopping areas with the possibility to book these;
- Arrange “Bonuses” for leading a greener life;
- Install a permanent show and offer free test-drives in the electric vehicles of the project;
- oost awareness of potential users (private individuals, commuters, tourists, couriers and firms).
For more information